Director Neurosciences, Spine & Pain opportunity with UCHealth in Aurora, CO.
The Neurosciences Department at the University of Colorado Hospital as part of the UCHealth System provides expert and cutting edge care to patients across the Front Range and Neighboring States. Likewise the Spine Center and Pain Clinic manage patients with complexed conditions that require specialized focused which can only be provided by the advanced trained surgeons, physicians, and advanced practice providers practicing here.
It takes a special person to oversee the unique programs offered in these specialized care areas. The Director of Neurosciences, Spine and Pain helps drive the quality care that our patients demand and deserve. Working closely with a professional team of clinical leaders and staff, surgeons, specialist, and hospital administration, this experienced, exceedingly qualified person not only manages a high performing, nationally recognized program but also strives to advance to the next level of expertise, by supporting clinical research, expanding services throughout the region through virtual health, managing the creation of cutting edge initiatives such as the Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit, creating partnerships with other health care organization, while keeping in touch with our community outreach and education initiatives through support and partnerships with non-profit organizations.
The Director of Neurosciences, Spine and Pain collaborates with like programs across the UCHealth System to provide the same standards of care to all patients entering any of our facilities. Working through the Department of Ambulatory Services and reporting to the Executive Director, this qualified professional will direct the departments' activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of both the department and the UCHealth System.
· Oversight of the following programs: Neurology and Neurosurgery Ambulatory Clinic, Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit, Comprehensive Stroke Program, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and Intraoperative Neuro Monitoring, Multi-Service Line Spine Center and Pain Clinic, Telestroke Operations within the Metro Denver Market Area.
· Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
· Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
· Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives
· Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
· Bachelors degree required. Master's degree in Nursing strongly preferred or Masters in Business, Healthcare, or relevant field.
· 5 years of administrative leadership experience.
· Preferred: Strategic leadership experience in a Neurosciences and Spine services environment. Virtual Health Experience.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.