Rohnert Park, California
New Orleans, Louisiana
New York, New York
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three to five years of advising experience in the context of higher education.
- Ideal candidates will be interested in student success and learning and will be excited to develop substantive, long-term advising relationships.
- Experience working within a student-centered, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Due to the highly interactive nature of this role, candidates must possess very strong interpersonal skills as well as exemplary written and verbal communication abilities.
- Likewise, candidates should be attentive to details and able to keep themselves organized.
- Demonstrated previous experience interacting and collaborating with students, faculty, staff, and parents of diverse backgrounds.
- Project and/or event management skills such as logistical planning and publicity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Academic background in international relations and similar subjects is helpful but not required.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.